I’ve been a successful trainer for over 25 years for one simple reason – I love what I do, and I do it extremely well.
What makes my training different from anyone else? I have the ability to take a complex subject, break it into bite-sized pieces, comprehend the details of the topic, and deliver the content back to students in easy-to-understand language.
I have taught a vast spectrum of topics: Anatomy and Physiology, Exercise theory and practice, Baking and cooking, an extensive array of software from Microsoft and Apple as well as web-based applications, smartphone usage, proprietary databases and a full range of crafts workshops.
EPIC medical software, Sharepoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Viso, Project direct sales, training, webex, iPhone and iPad
04 / 2011 - Present
EPIC Medical Certified and Credentialed Software Trainer
Novant Health in Charlotte, NC
EPIC Credentialed Cadence, Prelude, Resolute and EpicCare Trainer.
04 / 2004 - 04 / 2011
Senior Software Trainer - Medical and Productivity Applications
EPIC Medical Software Trainer. EPIC Certified in Cadence. 2007, Ambulatory Proficiency in 2008. Updated certification annually. Experience with Tapestry. Part of the team responsible for all EPIC training (latest version Summer 09). Part of the team who created the documentation for EPIC Training. Training was deployed using several methods: In Person Team Meeting & Classroom Training, Web Ex remote learning sessions, Desk Side Support and by creating a video library of topics that could be viewed ad hoc.
- Served as physician outreach, lead trainer and go-live support for Epic.
- Developed method to track and report Kirkpatrick Level scores in SharePoint. In 2010, accessed 97% of all new hires who achieved an over average score of 91.2%
- Dragon Naturally Speaking (Medical) trainer. Converted team of 6 pathologists to Dragon, created commands and macros.
- Developed the multimedia presentations (Ergonomics and Hand Hygiene) that are shown to all new hires during their initial training.
- Lead Microsoft products trainer: SharePoint (WSS), Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project & Visio.
- Traditional Instructor-Lead training, e-learning, and remote learning via WebEx. Used Camtasia to create over 100 training videos.
06 / 1998 - 04 / 2003
Training and Communications Project Lead Software Trainer
Under SAIC, I was contracted to BP (British Petroleum) as a trainer. While the bulk of my training was in Microsoft courses to improve company efficiency, I was also assigned to a number of proprietary applications training. I developed two soft skills training courses (Intro to Diversity and Sexual Harassment) and was requested to present them in Cleveland, Chicago, Tulsa, Oakland and Anchorage.
- Created a 280-page training supplement and conducted training for ENFOS (an environmental remediation database.)
- Created two soft-skills courses for in-house training which replaced training materials created by Corporate: o Introduction to Cultural Diversity o Introduction to Sexual Harassment
- Coordinated details for training and communications that affected 500 end-users across the United States which included synchronizing trainers classrooms equipment training materials and schedules for trainers a day in as many cities.
- Communications projects included broadcast emails direct mail website updates and follow-up queries as well as presenting information in public forums.
- Created the “Desktop University” – an in-house university which rewarded students for completing a series of courses from beginning through advanced.
- Coached users how to use in-house CBT training.
- Produced Net-Working seminar - a 2-hour seminar for soon-to-be displaced employees detailing how to use the Internet to locate new employment.
- Intranet Web site developer for the Y2K group.
09 / 1995 - 11 / 2002
Systems and Software Trainer
NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration) - Cleveland, OH. System Upgrade. Training included Windows, Microsoft Suite.
Ohio Savings Bank - Cleveland, OH. Microsoft Word Advanced Level Training
Magic Arts & Entertainment
09 / 1996 - 02 / 1997
Company Manager: National Tour "Jesus Christ Superstar"
- Acted as the liaison between the New York office and the touring production company
- Audited nightly settlement of box office statements handled contract negotiations in union houses responsible for management of workers compensation forms credit card and charge back reports
As Company Manager I was the cast’s lead point-of-contact and contract negotiator.
10 / 1983 - 11 / 1995
Seminar and Workshop Presenter
- Performed original and stock seminars on a variety of topics ranging from a 16-hour anatomy and physiology seminars to creative choreography workshops. During the last two years of employment I presented over 600 workshops around the continental United States.
- Toured the United States (25+ days a month) presenting workshops in a variety of topics including: Anatomy of the Knee, Incorporating the Reebok Step into your Workout, Resistance Training using the Dyna-Band, and my favorite, a 2-day, 16-hour course that took the student from basic cell structure through theories of kinesiology.
- My job was to educate, test and prepare physical fitness instructors for CEUs and for several national fitness certifications.